Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular and frequently used email clients around the globe. It is equipped with numerous advanced features and can effortlessly handle various email accounts. Outlook is a great email client because it is simple to use and maintain, but many times while working with Outlook you often come across several errors.However, in this blog, we will discuss a specific error of MS Outlook in which we receive Outlook data file cannot be accessed or also known as Outlook error 0x8004010F. Let's see this error in detail.
The 0x8004010F error is very common if you are using Outlook 2010/2013. When you see this error then It means that your Outlook profile has become corrupted. So when this error occurs It basically stops your MS Outlook from sending or receiving email messages.
However, if you don’t know what are the reasons due to which you face this error then here are the major reasons for this error:
- Unexpected crash of Microsoft Office
- System is highly corrupted
- There is a conflict of antivirus with other software settings
For solving this error for free you can use the below mentioned manual methods. Let's see them in details.
In manual approach, there are three methods
- Locating the Outlook Data File (PST)
- Creating a new profile in Outlook
- Set the new Outlook profile as the default
- Launch Outlook application.
- Press on File > Account Settings
- In the Account Settings option, go to the Data Files setting key and note the name and the location of the default Outlook data file.
- Then Click on Close.
- Go to the Control Panel. Then press on Mail. Then a new outlook window will open as Mail Setup.
- In Mail Setup – Outlook window, Tick on the Show Profiles keys.
- In the dialogue box of the mail, PRESS Add a new Profile Name in the New window. Then Press on OK.
- Insert your user details in the Add Account window and then press Next. And this is how a new account is created in Outlook.
- For creating a profile manually, you may follow the following steps:
- In the Add Account section, choose the Manual setting or go to the additional server option. Then press Next.
- In the Choose Service setting, select the POP or IMAP to link to a POP or IMAP account and then tick Next.
- In POP and IMAP Account Settings, add your account details as per requirement. Under the Deliver messages to, choose the Existing Outlook Data File. Press on the Browse option and, pick the file of Outlook data of the previous account and then press on OK
- Then go to the Test Account Settings, press on the Close and then tick Finish
- Go to the Control panel and press on the Mail
- Now click on the option to Show Profiles in the Mail Setup of Outlook
- Then in the Mail window choose the newly developed profile, press on its Properties
- In the windows of Mail Setup, Press on the Email Accounts
- In Account Settings of the window, go to the Data File and then press Set as Default. then click on the Close tab
Now a new Outlook data file is created, and you can use it without any issues.