A weak and poor WiFi signal can affect your lifestyle. But there are still some hopes left that can help you in boosting up the range of your existing WiFi network and also improve the productivity of the devices. Most of the people want to extend the WiFi range to their backyards so that they can enjoy warmer and as well as colder seasons outside their home. Do you know the fact that the WiFi Range Extender Setup helps you in getting the same feature?
Without a range extender or a wireless repeater, web browsing might be annoying inside the house because there can be dead zones of poor connectivity in your house. If you tend to improve the signal strength and also want to expand the Internet range, just go for New Extender Setup with all your wired and wireless devices and you can perform this task in simple 6 methods.
1. Firstly, you have to bring your new device i.e. the extender into the same room of the router and connect them both through an Ethernet cable.
2. After that, plug them both into a power supply. Here, you have to wait for a short while until the lights on the devices turn to solid green.
3. The LED lights are stable; you can now connect your smart device along with the range extender.
4. What Next? Pull up a web browser and type mywifiext into the field of address bar.
5. As you can see that you have entered successfully into the home page of Netgear Genie. But wait, have you gone through the default login details? Do you have them with you? If not, don’t panic just contact your Internet Service Provider and ask him for the same.
6 This detail is very essential for your device setup. It is also very helpful for your Netgear Genie Setup as well. A Netgear Genie app is used to manage, control and even repair the speed, security and access to your entire WiFi system.
How much better your Internet Connection can be?
1. Shuffle the Gateway of your Existing Device
The range of a typical WiFi network does not cover some areas of your house. Distance between the router and your WiFi devices can affect the signal strength that leads to the least poor connectivity. Avoiding distance between your devices is the best step to avoid radio interference that can be of any metal appliances or neighboring networking devices. Sometimes, raising the height of the router also improves the range because many obstructions like metal appliances, microwaves and cordless phones and located on the floor height.
2. Transform the WiFi Channel Frequency
Go through the routers make and model number and type its IP address to the address bar of a web browser (for instruction). Wireless interference is also caused by those devices which have the same radio channel. Most of the routers come with the same frequency 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. But, you will less experience the interference on 5 GHz. So, changing the WiFi channel numbers on your device can abolish such king of interference and recover largely improved signal strength.
3. Update Router Firmware
Router manufacturers design their software and firmware updates to improve the presentation and performance of their device. Here you have to show a little concern for your device and update its firmware occasionally even if you are experiencing problems with your device or not. New upcoming routers have the process of auto update in-built in it but the existing or the old router needs an update to be done by the user or its manufacturer.