on 24 December 17
Below write-up will explain what issues you face and the reason behind your website are running slow and how to fix the problems. If you have the website which is running a little slow then there can be various reasons.
Having a slow website is nothing but a nightmare but it can put off the potential customers from buying through your site or viewers from reading your articles or information. After all, none of the end user will like to run a slow website and sometimes it takes time like hours to load, don’t they?
- Unoptimized Images: a Large number of unoptimized images can be an obvious reason behind the slow loading of a website. High-resolution images can consume lots of bandwidth while loading. Uploading large sized image then zipping it can unnecessarily increase the size of your web page which causes the slow loading of a website.
- Check the file size of your image, anything which is above 1 MB should be a complete NO-NO for your website.
- Always it is recommended to use the JPEG format instead of PNG, especially for large images.
- Always do waterfall tests to easily scan the image size and take the correct action.
- An unoptimized image can charge you more amount of money in the form of bandwidth average.
- Too Much Flash Content: Although Flash is an amazing tool for spicing up your website, on the other hand, it is also a great contributing a lot to slow page load speed. Generally, flash content is usually bulky in size and as the file size gets bigger the slower the page will load. If you are willing to make your website much faster than you should look out for the HTML5 alternatives which will help in replacing your existing Flash content.
- Flash is quite bulky and is not good for the performance.
- Sometimes before, Flash was quite cool and was in trend but not anymore.
- It’s better to look for the HTML5 alternatives.
- Usage of Sprites should be done to reduce the HTTP requests.
- Too many Ads: Undoubtedly, display advertisements are profitable for generating high traffic in websites. But that does not mean that profit will come with the compromised performance or user experience. Don’t let too many ads to become a reason for being your website slow. As you sum up the things, the only thing to do is to limit the number of display advertisements will ensure the better performance of your website.
- Advertisements are additional HTTP requests and it can request on slowing down your page loading time.
- Use them only when it is needed, that will improve the performance, UX and CTR’s to your advertisements.
- Bad Hosting Service: Your web hosting service can make a huge difference when it comes to website performance. Yes, the page load speed may not be only the fault of the website maker. If you have tried on correcting the above-mentioned reasons and yet your website is running slow then switching your hosting provider may solve your problems. Pick your hosting provider who can offer performance optimization services in the package of hosting.
In a Nutshell:
This blog is listed under Development & Implementations Community