Salesforce announced Quip Slides - A new generation slide creating tool in September 2018. In the words of Kevin Gibbs, Co-founder & CEO, Quip - The introduction of Quip Slides is a game-changer for our customers, Quip fuels a culture of action, combining documents, spreadsheets and now slides with chat, live data and AI, allowing our customers to work faster and be more productive.
While Microsoft PowerPoint and Keynote are the first names that come to mind when you think about making a presentation, nothing is perhaps immune to the competition, not even decades of dominance. Or so it seems.
So let’s first explore the highlights of this competition. In this article we are including top 6 features which takes Salesforce Quip Slides at par if not beyond Microsoft PowerPoint.
1. Collaboration Tools
- In-Built Chat system - Your team can work together on the same slides and discuss ideas on the chat box at the same time. What else you want?
- Co-editing - poking one guy every time someone wants to change something in the presentation! Not any more.
- Commenting - Let others review your presentation and see the suggestions on the comment box.
These collaboration tools save time and help to complete the project with less versions of the presentation.
2. Work from anywhere
No need to stick to your computer. Quip slides works amazing on the Mobiles too. This tool is optimised for all the screens so that you can work from anywhere.
3. Better Charts
Interactive charts in Quip slides provide real-time data from Salesforce reports and third party Spreadsheets. You can find linkable spreadsheets from within the slides of current presentation too.
4. Interactive Feedback Options
- Polls - Polls can be added on any slide of the presentation to get on-page feedback.
- Questions - Team members or viewers can add questions on the individual slides. This will help to solve the queries in a more organised way.
- Commenting - viewer can comment on the slides by inserting comment box. This feature will help a lot in analysing feedbacks.
5. Engagement Insights
After sharing the slides, Quip provides you all the engagement related information. You can see who opened the slide, which page got the most and the least traffic. And very soon Quip is coming with slide traffic related suggestions from Einstein - Salesforce’s Artificial Intelligence Business Solution.
6. Live Apps
Calendar, Project Tracker, Salesforce Record Live App and many other third party apps too can be added to the slides to make the work hassle-free. Users can also insert Dropbox folder to Quip to complete the project conveniently. These apps can work live on the slides to provide real time solutions.
Have a look at this comparison between the features of Microsoft PowerPoint and Salesforce Quip-
|Features||Microsoft PowerPoint||Salesforce Quip Slides|
|Data Import/Export||Partially Yes / No||Yes|
There were always business meetings. And then came smarter meetings with PowerPoint presentations. As we got better with them, we began to have meeting for meetings. Which is exactly what Quip cuts down with a promising alternative to presentations in a neat, tidy, easy, and smart fashion.