Windows Operating System is the largest OS used globally. The Microsoft product runs on several computers, laptops and mobile devices. Microsoft release the update to make the OS compatible with the latest applications. However, due to certain problems the OS generates Windows Update error like 0x80070002. These errors can be removed manually by following steps
Check System Time Settings
The clock set on the local PC plays an important role in windows update. If it is not set properly then Windows will generate errors. To solve this
- Open the clock in your system and go to 'change date and time settings'
- In the dialog box open click on internet time
- Select the server time.windows.com and checkmark the button 'Synchronize with internet time server'
- Click on update now and then OK
Rename Software Distribution Folder
- Open the windows explorer and go to C: drive and follow the path to Software Distribution Folder
- Rename the folder as SoftwareDistribution.old
- You can also delete it the folder, windows will create a new one when updates are installed
Use Windows Troubleshooter
- When the error code 0x80070002 is displayed it generates the dialog box to solve it with troubleshooter
- Click on the link and the windows troubleshooter will start
- It will collect the errors and display the message on the screen
- Click on next to repair the windows troubleshooter problem
These methods will help you to get rid of Windows update error message.