GPS vehicle tracking solutions can bring a lot of order in logistics and provide a better safety to your resources. Although the benefits of GPS tracking are many, the availability depends on the provider. The kind of software used, the accuracy of the digitized maps and the engineering of the devices do vary across brands.
Before buying any GPS solution, inquire in detail about the features available in the package. Below are the 10 basic features that come with any international standard GPS solution.
- You can access all the vehicles anytime from anywhere, provided each of them has got a GPS vehicle tracker installed.
- You can track the vehicles real-time which means you can learn the exact geo-location details of all the vehicles at any point of time.
- If multiple vehicles are on the move, you can keep an eye on them simultaneously since you will be able to view the current location of all the vehicles in a single digitized map.
- With the geo-fencing feature you can set the desired route and boundary for each vehicle. If any vehicle violates the route, you will be notified by an instant SMS alert.
- You will be notified of every stoppage, every arrival-departure and every engine/off.
- Every time a vehicle reaches the client destination or leaves the place for the next, you will get notification via SMS and e-mail.
- GPS vehicle trackers have got motion sensors. These devices can sense at how much speed the vehicles are running. If you have set a speed limit in a device, it will send you an alert if the vehicle runs at overspeed.
- Apart from vehicle installation, GPS trackers can be attached with the cargo. In that case even if the vehicle carrying the cargo does not have a GPS tracker installed, still the cargo operator can track the real-time location of the asset, get notified of any geo-fence violation, late delivery, theft attempts etc.
- GPS tracker devices are completely tamper-proof and its control lies with the administrator. He can be the vehicle or asset operator, logistics manager or executive. Drivers or other crew members cannot modify any setting on the go.
- GPS solution comes with the panic button feature. In case of any emergency the crew members or passengers can press the button to send an SOS. Rescuing vehicles or assets from any theft attempt is easy.
- GPS trackers keep the record of total kilometers run by a vehicle. That means you can compare with the fuel status and find out if there is any siphoning issue.