on 18 July 18
- Generally people tend to store flat files in a machine that is different from the server. Relocate the flat files into the machine that contains informatica server.
- Moving target database into server system may improve session performance because it minimizes the connections to sources, targets and informatica server.
- Distributing the session load to multiple informatica servers may improve session performance.
- Prefer ASCII over Unicode for data movement while running informatica server, because ASCII data movement mode stores a character value in one byte. Unicode mode takes 2 bytes to store a character.
- Optimize the query if a session joins multiple source table in one source qualifier.
- Avoid transformation errors to improve the session performance.
- Enable look up cache if your session contains lookup transformation.
- Drop constraints and indexes before running the session and re-build them after session completion. Because constrains and indexes in target can slow down the loading.
- Partitioning of session helps creates multiple connections to sources and targets and loads data in parallel pipe lines.
- Create filter transformation nearer to the sources or use the filter condition in source qualifier, if your session contains filter transformation.
- Use incremental aggregation if your session contains an aggregation transformation.
- Lastly, shared network connections effect the session perfomance, avoid network connections by moving the data into a local disk.
This blog is listed under Data & Information Management Community