on 17 August 14
We all know how hard it can be to get people together for meetings, especially if they're mobile or based on different sites. Video conferencing can provide a reliable and cost-effective solution to the problem.
Visions of the future often centre on a world where people communicate via video calls, work from home and generally enjoy a fully connected world. Like predictions of the paperless office these ideas have been with us for a long time. But unlike the paperless office the connected world is edging closer. Thanks to fast internet connections and affordable technology we can now communicate in ways that our ancestors of just a generation ago would have considered to be in the realms of science fiction.
What does this mean for businesses? We can see the effect in technologies like VoIP which allows companies to cut their communication costs. It's also apparent in video conferencing solutions which allow virtual face to face meetings with participants from around the world. Embracing these technologies can not only make communication easier and cheaper it can help companies to gain a competitive edge.
Why Use Video Conferencing?
Video conferencing allows individuals to communicate across any distance as though they were in the same room. As such it's a tremendously powerful tool and can be used for a range of tasks from board meetings to sales to training. Companies such as Project Audio Visual have long experience in supplying systems and can help you with your needs, but here are some of the key reasons to consider video conferencing for your business.
* Reduced travel costs you can make big savings by no longer having to pain rail and air fares to have employees travel to meetings in different cities or countries.
* Home working you can save on office space and give your employees a better work/life balance by allowing them to work from home, safe in the knowledge that you can keep in touch.
* Manage mobile workers if you have staff that are constantly on the road you can hold virtual meetings to keep in touch and reduce the number of times they need to travel to HQ.
* Client conferences it's good to meet your clients face to face but it isn't always possible. Video conferencing can allow you to communicate easily and securely at any time.
* Training you can run online courses for remote employees, or allow people on other sites to sit in on training sessions without physically having to be there.
* Ease of use once it's set up video conferencing is straightforward to use so when you have the equipment you can set up a conference at any time.
In difficult economic times all businesses are concerned with protecting their bottom line. Technologies like video conferencing can make a substantial contribution to this as well as aiding the smooth running of the business. With previous barriers of cost, limited bandwidth and complexity no longer an issue there's never been a better time to consider the benefits.
Don Essex is a freelance writer specialising in business technology. If you're looking for video conferencing solutions he recommends talking to a company like Project Audio Visual who have specialist knowledge of the field.
This review is listed under Telecommunications Community