Pandora users can further customize their personal radio stations by giving a thumbs up or thumbs down to songs that are recommended to them. They can also share their stations with friends; however, linking to specific songs directly is impossible due to licensing restrictions.
Restrictions on Free Membership
- Audio advertisements that last for 15 to 30 seconds periodically interrupt music. The number of ads served up in an hour varies depending on the operating device (i.e., whether listening to Pandora via computer, mobile, or car).
- Restrictions on how many songs can be skipped in a day. Six skips are allowed, per hour and per station; only 30 skips are permitted across all stations in a 24-hour period. Clicking the "next" play button, selecting "I'm tired of this track," or downvoting (giving a thumbs down to) a song while it plays all count as a skip.
- Reduced audio quality. Music for free members plays at 64 kilobits per second in an AAC+ format. Built-in apps for televisions> and other non-mobile devices, like Roku, may receive a slightly higher quality of 128 kbps.
- Timeouts. To avoid paying royalties on songs that users might not be listening to, Pandora periodically times out if the player has not been used in a while.
- 15- to 30-second audio ads.
- Reduced audio quality. However, at 160 kbps in the Ogg format Spotify's free version offers a higher quality sound than Pandora does.
Premium Membership Benefits
Recommend: Free Music Management Tool for iOS & Android
- • Transfer all or selected media files among iDevice/Android including music, video, ringtone, Podcasts, audiobooks, TV Shows, MV, iTunes U, etc.
- • Backup Songs with Playlist, Artist, Album, Lyrics, etc.
- • Get control of playlists. Rebuild or export your playlists from your iPhone local PC or iTunes.
- • Free download YouTube video, wallpaper, ringtone to smartphone or tablet .
- • Work perfectly with Apple(iPhone/iPad/iPod), HTC, Samsung, Google, LG, Sony, Motorola,HUAWEI, Acer, and more >>