Know more about the maximum used label Hashtag in Social Media. Each social media platform follows different approach for supporting Hashtags. How the Hashtags are going to be used in 2016 for engagement is discussed here.
Hashtags are the most followed labels in Social Media to increase visibility & engagement. Hash character sign # can be added adjacent to the text or keyword without space. Promote your good cause in this way, whether it is Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, etc. Basically, you don't connect with a wider audience on Social Media. But still, if you post anything using Hashtags any user can view your post with relevant search. Optimizing Hashtags actually shorten a process to find updates through social media. Marketing gurus have knowledge of using Hashtags for marketing purpose. Following the trends, folks use Hashtags when they post. But, some of them actually don't know the right way of using Hashtags.
Initially, Hashtags introduced through Twitter. However, as of now all most popular social media platforms support Hashtags. During the year 2016, marketing experts predict that Hashtags will be dominating during 2016 as well.
The Hashtag trends for 2016:
- Almost social media users are aware with the utility of Hashtags. People are defining Hashtags for creating buzz around topic, news, brand, object, celebrity, person, event, celebration, natural calamities, crisis, and much more.
- Mobile app development company along with the social media marketing experts gamify a use of Hashtags in the most popular platforms like Twitter and Instagram. Hashtags have power to convert audience into content creators. This strategy might be proved risky for some brands.
- As per the prediction, emoji actions will have more value. Each day stickers and emoji both are becoming richer and interactive. Predictors say, there would be a time in 2016 when emoji based Hashtags would be trending.
Effects of Hashtag in marketing
- Making a Hashtag for brand is beneficial as you can know what people community is saying. Following the Hashtag will allow marketers to observe the trends in Cyberspace. Involvement into the conversations is supposed to make your idea clear, and you can easily know what the other folks are thinking.
- Hashtag is going to dominate the market as each individual is using Hashtags in the posts. Not only the things, events, products, brands, news, but people will be using Hashtags before their names and sir names. The celebrities continue posting the Tweets for sharing their own views for any sizzling matter. They also share their prospect among the fans. Entertainment networks also crate the Hashtags for promoting channels, shows, etc. And this will be continued in the 2016 as well.
- With the growing industries, Hashtags would be utilized in creating the communities. Anybody can know the reviews shared by others on a particular topic easily by searching with the Hashtags.
Choosing a relevant Hashtag
When you post anything, many suggestions appear related to your post. Choosing the most popular Hashtag definitely gets a buzz. Selection of Hashtag varies depending upon the idea of your post. Different approaches are there to utilize already created Hashtag or creating a new one. When posting with correlated Hashtag, try to make it content rich & provide additional information. Do not adjust trending Hashtag randomly in your post. Post must be relevant and add some value. When you are going to create your own Hashtag, make sure that the tag is easy to understand, relevant & delivers the exact idea. Creating your own tag for your business brand is tough as it requires amplification, other media promotion and you must broaden your reach. When you Hash around something trending in the news or any upcoming event, then it would be last for a short term.
How social media platforms support Hashtags:
Twitter: While using twitter, the # symbol categorize keywords in Tweets. The ideal number of Hashtags per Tweet is two. It's called a spam, if you add more tags. Over-tagging is not recommended. Users can use Hashtags anywhere in the Tweet.
Instagram: You can add Hashtag in any post set to public. Point to note is, Maximum 30 Hashtags are allowed to use per post in Instagram. When you with private profile tag posts, it will not be appeared publicly on Hashtag pages. In the Hashtags use of special characters is restricted. You can include numbers. There is a restriction to tag other people's photos/videos.
Facebook: In Facebook, do not add Hashtags in middle of the sentence. It fails to deliver the actual meaning of post and sometimes for the readers its annoying. Put Hashtags at the end of post. Using relevant keywords would be effective. Only the people with whom you have shared the posts can see the post in Hashtag's feed.
Google+: When you post using Hashtag on Google+, people can easily search a conversation for any topic
and join easily. Stay connected with the world and know get involved in the topic of your interest.
YouTube: Add the comment including Hashtags. When someone clicks on those Hashtags included in comments, video titles, including those words are opened.
Pinterest: Mind well that you cannot search through the Hashtags in Pinterest. Hashtags in the pin description are clickable.
Tumbler: Tumbler shows options to add the tags & it automatically adds a Hashtag when you start typing a tag.
During 2016, each one social media user will be aware of using Hashtags properly in the posts . The marketers will utilize Hashtags to promote their brands among communities. Entering into the conversations relevant to the business trends with valuable information will surely increase popularity. In each industry, current causes would be easily identified through the trending Hashtags.