Previously known as Google Shipping Express, Google Express a service that allows users to shop from local stores online. This is done in such a way that the merchandise you order and any food you may have ordered are brought to your home the same day or the next morning. It was started in 2013 in Silicon Valley and San Francisco on a free trial basis. It later expanded to Chicago, Boston, New York, Los Angeles and Washington DC. Google has announced that the service will soon 25 million more people who are located in six states in the Midwest. These are Ohio, Iowa, Michigan, Indiana, and Illinois. This is how it allows all you need in one place.
- First go to the Google Express site. Then you will be adding items to your shopping cart and choose delivery options. After you will be redirected to Google payments. Your order shall be processed by Google Express in the store and a way to deliver the goods to your address after which it will arrange for a driver to deliver the goods during the designated delivery window.
- It is worth nothing that new clients can try Google Express for free for the first three months after which the trial unpaid membership will expire. After you will be automatically enrolled the payment plan that you had selected while signing up unless you decide to end your membership. The membership costs $10 per month or $95 per year. For those who are not Google Express members, there will be a delivery fee that starts at $4.99 per store and an extra $3 from each store for goods totaling less than $15.
- For the Express members, all their deliveries are free for eligible orders that total to $15 or more per store. However, if your goods are worth less than $15, you will have to pay a fee of $3 to each store. According to technology news, it is really easy to access this wonderful service. To join Google Express from a desktop, visit the ‘My Account’ page on Google Express. You will see Membership on the page and click on it and then follow the steps required to sign up for a membership. If you are on mobile, swipe right to open the drawer or tap the Menu button on the top right side of your screen. Select and then select membership after which you will follow the steps given.
- Google also has a same-day grocery service that delivers fresh food and groceries to the doors of the customers. This is available in San Francisco and Los Angeles. This allows you to order vegetables, milk, and other forms of fresh foods from Google Express. For this new offering, Costco and Whole Foods Market will be among Google’s partners.
- This partnering allows customers to directly order from the stores which means that Google will no longer have to rely on warehouses which have been causing the company issues such as the cost of refrigeration. The same principle will be applied to wearable technology.
- Google Express contracts for delivery with OnTrac to most of Northern California that outside the Silicon Valley and San Francisco delivery zones. This is also available in Southern California. There are some items that are available for the OnTrac territory but not in Silicon Valley and the San Francisco delivery zone. These include deliveries from Fry.
- On the other hand, the OnTrac delivery zone has had some products that were previously available removed yet they are still available in the Silicon Valley and San Francisco delivery zones. It is no doubt that Google Express’ new technology has taken online shopping to a whole new level.
This blog is listed under E-Commerce Community