Agile software development is something that all businesses should consider these days. For those who are unaware, ‘agile software development’ is an umbrella term that is used to describe the collaboration between cross-functional and self-organising teams to evolve solutions. This creative process applies an amount of pragmatism into the delivery of the finished product and it anticipates the need for flexibility. This approach focuses on ensuring functional parts of the application are delivered as soon as they are ready, keeping code straightforward, and testing regularly. But, what are the benefits associated with agile software development in Newcastle? Read on to discover everything you need to know.
- Quality improvement – You are assured to notice an improvement in quality when you go for this approach. This is because the project team can focus on premium quality collaboration, testing, and development, as the project is separated into manageable units. You can also identify expectation mismatches and fix defects quickly because there will be regular builds, tests, and reviews.
- Allows for change – One of the great things about agile software development is the fact that it allows for change. This is important, as other approaches place a lot of emphasis on getting it right the first time. This means that mistakes or requirement changes aren’t spotted early enough and this can be very costly while you are also unable to respond to any opportunities or challenges with ease. This is not the case with agile software development in Newcastle, as you can introduce changes within a matter of weeks.
- Predictable schedule and costs – It is much easier to predict delivery time and the costs that are entailed when going down this route. The reason why it is a lot easier to predict the expense is because there is a fixed-schedule time box for each part of the process, and, therefore, cost is limited to the amount of work that can be conducted in that time, making it predictable.
- Transparency – Another reason why agile software development is so highly sought after is because it is transparent. This means that it is possible for clients to be involved throughout the entire process, from review sessions to prioritising features. Not only does this enhance your level of service and brand image, but also increases the success of the project with associated improved return on investment.
- Stakeholder engagement – Last but not least, there is no denying that stakeholder engagement is one of the main benefits you can expect with this development process. This is because agile development offers numerous opportunities for the team and stakeholders to engage, whether before, after, or in between production. By involving stakeholders every step of the way, you ensure that the team is fully aware of the client’s vision.