Now, the people spend more time on their mobile devices as compared to their desktop or computers. A recent report showed 64% of Americans access Internet service via their smartphone and this figure is increasing very fast. The Internet access is increasing through mobile devices implies that businesses need to keep pace with the demand of the surging mobile traffic. Smartphones and other mobile devices are more popular, so optimizing your website for mobile isn’t just a trend or a side option, like it might have been in years past.
There are 7 essential reasons to require a mobile friendly website (responsive website) for your business.
1. Smartphone Use is on the Rise: Today, 1.2 billion people are accessing the web from mobile devices. An incredible 80% of all internet users use a smartphone. If people are searching for your business, it’s likely they are searching on a mobile device. If it looks bad or is hard to use, it reflects poorly on your business and drives customers away. Companies that have mobile websites show an increase in sales and a growing customer base. If your website isn’t mobile friendly you’re missing out on a truly massive portion of the market.
2. Google Recommend Mobile Friendly Website: Google prioritizes mobile-friendly websites over those that are not mobile-friendly. In 2015 Google announced the roll out of the mobile friendly update. This update was designed to give mobile friendly pages a boost in rankings on mobile search results.
3. Improved User Experience: A visitor is much more likely to stay on you website and browse further if they can easily view the website on their mobile device. Your website needs to open well to any device like iPhone, Android, and tablet. If the site is poorly designed customers will find it difficult to navigate on their smartphones and they will quickly move on to a more mobile/user friendly site.
4. Social Media Referrals are on Mobile: 91% of mobile internet access is used for social activities. If you are implemented social media marketing for your business, there is a better than average chance incoming traffic will be accessing your site via mobile devices. If you want to take full advantage of your social audiences, you need a site designed to seamlessly catch their social browsing click-through.
5. Mobile is better for Sharing: 91% of mobile internet access is used for social activities. As social media continues to grow and many top social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat aren’t accessible at all for desktop users. If your business uses social media marketing, there is a good chance incoming traffic will be accessing your site via mobile devices. If you want to take full advantage of your social audiences, you need a site designed to make your products and services more shareable.
6. Improved Loading Speeds: The speed of desktop version website is very rare when it is loading up on a mobile device. When a customer has to wait longer than this duration for a page to load, there is a very high chance that they will head to a competitor’s website.
7. It benefits your reputation. Not just online, but offline as well. People will take note of a website they have a great experience with – and they will also take note of a website they have a bad experience with. Reputation is everything, and most businesses can’t afford to give people a bad experience – digital or otherwise.If you want your website to perform well and support your business, you need to make it mobile-friendly. It can only help you move forward to achieve the growth and success that you’re meant for. Mobile browsing is on the rise and having a Responsive Website is the way to go – It will save your business time, reduce development and management costs, helps you to improve conversions and much more.