2 Best Solutions to Repair Severely Corrupted Word Document
Microsoft Office 2007 has a new file extension based on the XML format known as DOCX format and is continued in the above version of Microsoft Word also. However, there are various benefits of using Word Documents .docx file such as compact the file size, control file data in a proper way, etc. Apart from of all this, the Word documents are also vulnerable to corruption and get damaged easily or become inaccessible very quickly. Moreover, if DOCX file gets corrupted the content inside it may also get compromised. Therefore, it is difficult to recover corrupted Word DOCX file data in an easy way. Thus, in the blog, after understanding the exact reason behind the corrupt DOC or DOCX file of the Word, we have discussed the all possible ways to repair severely damaged Word file.
Before directly jumping to the solution to repair severely corrupted Word document, it is important to understand the reason behind it:
- If there is some harmful virus or malware attack on the local machine, then it can corrupt the Word document.
- Abnormal termination of Microsoft Word program.
- It can be due to some interruption while downloading or moving DOCX file on the internet or it gets corrupted due to insecure cyberspace.
- Due to some software malfunction
- If a user has shared the Word document over the network, then also there are chances of DOCX file corruption.
- Inappropriate system shutdown while working on MS Word application.
- Sometimes users add a picture, clip, animations, etc., to Word document and they are virus infected, which can damage the file header of DOCX file.
Solution 1: Use Open & Repair Feature by Microsoft
- First of all, open MS Word application on the local machine. Note: Do not open the severely damaged Word file that you need to repair.
- After that, click on the File tab and then, click the Open button. Or, simply press Ctrl+O Keys.
- Then, the Open window will be opened. Now, Browse the corrupt Word file location.
- Here, you need to click on the file and choose it. But do not open it, as you need to click on the drop-down arrow button next to the Open button.
- Now, choose Open and Repair from the displayed and let the MS Word program begin the process to repair Word document.
However, the process may take few seconds to repair corrupted Word document and open it in the MS Word program. Bur, if the Word document is badly damaged, then it might be possible that manual trick fails.
Solution 2: Automated Approach to Repair Severely Corrupted Word Document
The above-discussed methods will definitely fix or repair severely corrupted Word Document. It might be possible that the manual method fails but the third-party tool discussed above is capable to remove any type of corruption from DOC and DOCX file.