A mobile app development company not only develop good and unique apps but also helps companies generate brand awareness and serve consumers in a better way.
It is a myth that only large companies need mobile apps. Many small-scale companies think that mobile apps are not a necessity for small businesses and their business can do well without having a mobile app ever.
The fact here is, every company, be it a small scale or large scale company, should invest in mobile apps. According to a report, 284 billion mobile apps will be downloaded until the year 2020.
As per a report by Business Insider, 72% of small-scale businesses focus on increasing revenue and 60% of small businesses also focus on establishing new customers. Mobile apps can be a great help here.
43% of small-scale businesses revealed, improving the consumer experience and retention is their priority. As small-scale businesses have large competition, they tend to retain existing consumers and maintain good relationships with them.
43% of small-scale companies have a mobile app and out of remaining 57%, 30% are planning to develop or outsource mobile app development.
According to a report generated by Google, 40% of revenue is derived from mobile by businesses. This stat shows how mobile apps are influencing the market.
Small-scale companies face certain challenges such as:
Many small-scale businesses have a higher competition because of the product line they are offering. If they have higher competition, it becomes difficult to stand out.
Lack of new customers -
Small businesses who are not willing to invest in marketing at a higher level, suffer lack of new customers.
Lack of technology-
This is a major challenge. Not every company owner and employees have the complete knowledge of technology and understand how to use it for company’s welfare. Because of lack of technology and its knowledge, small tasks become time-consuming as well as expensive.
Lack of good resources -
Small scale companies who understand the need of mobile apps and other digital marketing forms, do not have enough skilled resources who can build a robust and high-quality mobile app for the company.
Did you know hiring a mobile app development company can actually offer a solution to all these challenges? Let us see how.
What are the benefits offered by mobile apps to small-scale businesses:
- A great marketing asset- As we know, every mobile app works as a source of marketing. It can be direct or indirect marketing. Businesses have seen a major change since the digital marketing era has started. The mobile app is a part of digital marketing strategy. Since mobile app development can act as a significant medium of marketing, the traditional marketing cost can be reduced.
- Technology- As we all know, technology is growing every second and it becoming more and more interesting. What matters here is lack of technology and its knowledge. Mobile apps have evolved in a great way with latest technology hand in hand. Geolocation and beacon technology has made it easier to locate the exact location of customers in real time. Not only this, but it also enables you to send messages to the customers as soon as they appear near your specified location of office, store, etc. You can also outsource to a good mobile application development company.
- It allows your customer to give feedback- Every customer has something to say! Many do not get any chance to express their experience. But through mobile apps, customers can write reviews, suggestions, or complaints. Mobile apps help you understand what exactly customers need and how satisfied they are with your service or product.
- Customer engagement- With the help of mobile applications, developers offer small-scale company to interact with their customer in real time. Many companies come up with creative and unique ideas to increase customer engagement through mobile apps. For this purpose, they put some sort of offers. For instance, recommend this app to 5 people and get 10% off on all products. Such customer engagement activities are of great use and help you gain higher ROI.
- Get new customer- Mobile applications help companies build a brand. It helps in getting new customers. It helps your company stand out and develop an interest in prospects. With time, when mobile app gains popularity ultimately your brand and product/service gains popularity.
- Increase in ROI- Mobile apps offer consumer preference and flexibility. Hence, they have gained immense popularity in recent years. Customers will invest money and efforts on mobile apps that consider user experience as a priority. In the United Kingdom, out of 50, 96% of small-scale retailers have their mobile application. The percent is 94 in the USA. this indicates how developed countries are adopting the trend of developing a mobile application.
- Customer support- Any customer expects great service from the company, be it a small or medium or large scale company. For large scale company, it is not a big task to offer customer support. They can hire many skilled resources or simply outsource the complete task. But for the small-scale company, it is not economically feasible to hire resources that are available for 24 x 7 to offer customer support services. Hence, apps are developed. Apps are not just for marketing purpose. They deliver complete information about the product and are accessible for 24 x7.This ultimately delivers great customer service.
- Mobile payment- Mobile applications offer a simplified payment procedure. With the help of API, mobile apps can interconnect with other apps. Hence, once the app is connected to a payment app, it offers great convenience to the end user.
These were few vital reasons why small-scale businesses should invest in mobile apps. Top mobile app developers conduct complete research on your business and develop amazing mobile applications that will suit your business and help in increasing the ROI.