The purpose of this post is to take readers through the factors that crop up before developing a mobile app and once it is done, how best to market it. The bare technicalities and modalities of creating one will not be taken up here because it is assumed that once you decide to develop an app, you will know the steps that should be followed- the software, the language, testing, coding and the like. But what puts a potential mobile app developer in a corner is how to be sure that of the many app ideas floating around, which will hit the bull’s eye and capture the imagination of users.
If you are first time builder of a mobile app, it is natural that you will have a whole lot of questions. Will my app be widely accepted and does it cater to a particular niche which is in demand among smart phone users? Can it compete with the already existing players in the market? How will I make people aware of the utility of my app?
These queries and more will now be taken up in some detail in two sections.
Developing a Mobile App
- Following Through With The Right Idea - You might have a lot of ideas about apps but which one should you take up? There is no specific answer to it. An app is to a developer what a single is too a musician. You can never tell whether it will be successful until it is released in the market. Develop an app, release it and wait for about six months to gauge the response. One time launching may not work, because glitches and bugs may affect the user experience. Timely and essential updates regarding security patches are essential to compete consistently. If you have hit the jackpot, that’s it, if not move on to the next idea.
- Where Do You Start - The first step is to be clear about the objectives of the app you plan to develop. Put your thoughts down on paper clearly and to the point. Then, search the Internet and get prototype tools that will help you create a comprehensive screen by screen mock-up or wireframe of the app. Once this ready, test the market with this prototype without waiting to develop the complete app. Check whether the customer is prepared to buy the app and once they do, you can be sure that you will get lots of feedback on how you can improve on it. You can then design and develop the app if you are well conversant with the technicalities or look for a digital marketing agency that can do it for you.
- In-House Or Outsource App Development - The keyword for your app development is how to develop it quickly and get it across to customers in the shortest possible time. Hence, it is recommended to prefer One Stop Media and go here to seek professional assistance. With expert workforce and technical people, an app will be created quickly by them, something that might take you months. Other services provided include web design and development and Google AdWords in Melbourne. Agencies offering comprehensive digital services have a better knowledge and understanding of the market.
Marketing a Mobile app
- Fix a Release Date – It is always advisable to fix a launch date well in advance to avoid any setbacks that you did not anticipate. Planning will ensure that you get adequate time to prepare for a hard launch, and handle any contingencies that might occur. It is also necessary to keep the launch date at a time when no other events have been slated in your space. Otherwise, they might overshadow your launch.
- Understand Your Customers – If you do not understand your customers, you will inevitably face pre-launch pitfalls. At the onset, identify the main players in your specific app category. Regardless of whether you have a highly useful app, if you cannot address particular market target audience, you will hardly be successful in your marketing efforts. Know the influencers like blogs, groups, forums or websites and other likely sections of your target audience.
- Carry Out a Competitive Analysis – With millions of apps to choose from, the chances are quite high that your app will have some real competition. Make a list of what you think are the top competing apps concerning monetisation model, current price, rankings and reviews and ensure that your app does not have any negative features of the others. This alone will make it stand out in the crowd and help in your marketing efforts.
- Define your Unique Value Proposition (UVP) – The competitive analysis carried out by you will also help you determine what makes your app unique and exclusive in that category. You can then cash in on those features in your marketing strategy. With a strong UVP, user acquisition will be easy as they will know which problems your app will solve for them. News of your app will spread rapidly through word of mouth.
- Create a Brand Message and Position – You have to create a value proposition and vision for your brand, and this should be evident in all your messages. Once this strikes a chord with the users, the positive reviews and ratings will keep rolling in. You have to remember that customers buy the reason behind your brand and not just the features.
Follow these guidelines for mobile app development and marketing, and you’ll surely have a winner on your hands.
This article’s author is a web content writer holding in-depth knowledge regarding all aspects of digital marketing. He is working for One Stop Media Company from last 4 years and produces all kinds of blogs, articles, guest posts and Google advertisements related material as per the up to date information.