Anomaly detection identifies fault lines and unanticipated patterns in data processing. It assures convenience and affordability simultaneously. One cannot use spark anomaly detection without knowing its procedures and magnitude.
The primary objective in data mining is to extract information from a data set and alter it into a comprehensive structure for future use. The actual data mining task includes not only obtaining information, but it automatically evaluates unusual records which are labelled as anomalies. Business analytics understand the term differently but to put it simply, anomalies are deviations and exceptions in data processing.
Dimensions of Anomaly Detection
These anomalies are found in various degrees ranging from:
- Bank fraud
- Medical problems and
- Errors in Text
They are unstructured and once the abnormal data is removed it significantly improves accuracy.
There have been several anomaly detection techniques which are categorized as:
- Simple Statistical Method
- Cluster Anomaly Detection
- Support Vector Machine Anomaly Detection
- Hidden Markov Models
- Ensemble Techniques
- Neural Networks
Each of the methods mentioned above has a different kind of advantages and disadvantages.
Anomaly detection has a certain kind of applications attached to it:
- Intrusion Detection: You might have observed that various organizations consist of computers which collect operational files. In certain circumstances, this kind of data creates a virus or malicious activity and to resolve this issue anomaly detection technique are used.
- Fraud Detection: Every individual in today times use credit and debit cards on which fraudulent activities are performed while payment is made through these cards. When your card is used without authorization, it displays specific abrupt patterns on banks website which they immediately identified as fraud. These frauds are detected by anomaly through real-time data analysis.
Spark anomaly detection is meant for large-scale data processing and is more simplified in terms of any data technique. It does not require to include huge codes rather a few applications are sufficient enough to capture frauds in various industries. This kind of algorithm is mainly used in transactions and is the most efficient and effective in comparison to other detection techniques. It facilitates a framework which builds a machine learning model through batch processing and in turn is used for real-time data analysis. This anomaly detection process is completed in real time without data losing its value.
Therefore, anomaly detection strategies help in capturing fraud and discovering strange patterns in a little amount of time. This would prove useful in areas like banking thefts, medicines, and marketing which are disposed to malicious activities.