What features 3D touch brought in?3D touch has given a new dimension to the users for interaction. Besides some of the multi-touch gestures like pinch, tap and swipe, 3D touch has also introduced variety of new functions. Now people can choose application specific actions directly from the home screen just by pressing the app icon. Within an app various touch pressures can be used to get the preview of the item. These pressures will enable the item to open in a separate view and perform the related actions. 3D touch provides its users with different types of features and allows the phones to respond with subtle touch. Now you will not only see what a press can do but you will also feel its presence. Some of the main features are:
Peek and pop
With this features user can view the app in a more effective and efficient manner. As the user presses the app icon more deeply, this feature proceeds in three different phases:
1. It gives the user indication that the content preview is available.
2. It displays the preview which is known as the peek. The preview opens up with different types of options that can be used for further actions. These options are known as the peek quick actions.
3. Optional navigation to the view that is displayed in the preview is known as pop.
Home screen quick actionsBefore the introduction of 3D touch, users were able to launch the app by just tapping it. But now with the induction of 3D touch, different actions have also been introduced. Now by pressing the app icon user obtains a set of quick actions. These actions involve all the important and relevant options about the app and these options can be selected directly from the home screen without going into the app. Quick actions can be performed from the home screen just with a single touch, for example if you want to see your favorite contact you just need to press the phone icon.
What are the top 10 apps running 3D touch technology?There is no doubt that this innovative technology has changed the user experience. 3D touch is considered as one of the most important features in the latest IOS software and a lot of apps are now working with this technology. These 3D touch based apps have changed the dimension of new iPhone 6s and 6S plus. Some of the apps that are running on new 3D technology are:
1. There are number of Apple built-in apps that are now running on the 3D touch technology. Some of the built in apps:
- Camera: By using 3D touch, users can now easily take a selfie, record videos and record slow-mo. These are all the quick actions that can also be performed directly from the home screen.
- Messages: 3D touch enables the user to write a new message along with the easy access to recent conversations with the people. Just press the message icon and you will be able to write a new message.
- Photos: In photos, 3D touch allows the access to options like, search, favorites and the most recent picture. If you are taking pictures and want to see the previous ones then you just need to press the thumbnail to get the peek. Swipe your thumb to see the photos closely and release the pressure to let go the picture.
- Notes: In notes app, different options like new note, new search and new photo are available.
- Music: 3D touch also allows the user to access different options like the recent songs, most played and favorites in the music app.