MBOX files are universally used by UNIX based Operating Systems, which offers enhanced security to the email messages that are exchanged between users. The reasons for the popularity of MBOX-supported email platforms are:
- Compatibility to Apple Mac, UNIX, and Microsoft’s Operating Systems.
- Equipped with intuitive tools to search specific emails furiously.
- Availability of numerous MBOX platforms at free of cost.
- Enriched graphical user interface of MBOX email clients.
There are many reasons that put hindrances to open and access the MBOX email items. Some of them are:
- Inappropriate Windows registry keys restricts normal accessibility of MBOX.
- Corruption in the MBOX file due to virus attacks or hard drive errors.
- System doesn’t have the MBOX supported platform.
To facilitate precautionary measures for avoiding any chances of MBOX file damage or corruption, you should backup all the MBOX files. Furthermore, if you have collection of MBOX email and highly interested in backing up the email items on Mac OS, then the additional painful task you have to execute is downloading the latest version of Entourage application. If you easily get the latest copy of Microsoft’s Entourage application, then perform the following steps to backup MBOX archives:
- Launch the Entourage application on Mac OS and resize it to view files present on desktop.
- Select the MBOX folder for archiving in the Entourage Folder List Pane
- Press Left-click and drag the folder to your desktop.
- You can view that MBOX archive is generated with the same name as in the Entourage Folder List Pane.
Solution: Kernel MBOX Viewer
Kernel MBOX Viewer is the freeware solution to provide the rich hierarchical preview of MBOX email items even when the computer system doesn’t have the minute traces of MBOX-based email platform. The software uniquely supports almost 20+ MBOX email platforms and has the provision to filter emails to view them in accordance with the email Meta data like To, From, Subject, Date, etc. Furthermore, this enhanced software can be formidably operated on versatile Windows Operating Systems, including the latest Windows 10.