on 15 June 18
Hi, all. I was working on Windows operating system. Now, I have switched to the Macintosh system. I have a lot of contacts in Entourage 2008. I would like to export all the contacts to my Apple Mail account. I tried various methodologies, but cannot achieve the desired conversion. Is there any way to import contacts from Entourage to Apple Mail? Any lead will be greatly appreciated.
Are you also stuck at the same point? Are you also searching for a technical guide on how to import contacts from Entourage to Mac Mail? If yes, then do not worry. The post deals with the reliable and feasible solution to convert Entourage database to MBOX.
Workaround Method to Export Contacts from Entourage to Apple Mail
The complete procedure to transfer contacts from Entourage to Mac Mail has been divided into following major steps:
- Export contacts from MS Entourage
- Import Contacts into Mac Address Book
Both the steps are discussed in detail.
Step 1: Export contacts from MS Entourage
A user has to follow these steps to forward the contacts from Entourage email application:
- Launch MS Entourage on the local system
- Choose the option of File/Export
- A menu box will appear on the screen which asks the user what he/she wants to export. Choose the option of Contacts to a list (tab-delimited text)
- Hit on the arrow sign present at the bottom of the box.
- Upload this TXT file into Excel and convert this file into a CSV file format
Step 2: Import Contacts into Mac Address Book
To import Entourage 2008 into Apple Mail, follow the set of below-mentioned instructions:
- Copy the CSV file to the Mac system
- Launch Contacts
- Choose the option of File and then Import from the menu
- Search for CSV file and double-click on it to open the file
- Make sure that the option Ignore first card is selected
- Locate email addresses in the column of the CSV file
- Choose the option of Do not import from the column’s parallel field of the address book
- Select Email (work), email (home) or email (other)
- At last, click on OK to end the procedure of importing contacts from Entourage to Mac Mail.
Consider the following user query, which is generally faced by a Mac user:
Hi. I am a student and preparing for a competitive exam. I wanted previous year question papers, so my friend mailed it to me. The problem is, it is in MBOX file format. Currently, I am working on Windows operating system. But, I will be switching to Mac OS X. The problem is I want to open MBOX files in Mac operating system. I do not know how to perform this task. Please, can anyone help me to import MBOX file to Outlook 2016 Mac? I will be very grateful to you. Any help or suggestion is greatly welcomed.
In the following scenario, a user can use an automated tool like Mac MBOX Converter. According to the professionals, it is a perfect solution to export multiple MBOX to PST, EML, PDF, HTML files to the Mac operating system. The interface is very user-friendly, which makes it very easy to use this. The accurate and effective results are obtained is just a few moments.
The Bottom Line
Oftentimes, it happens with users that they want to import contacts from Entourage to Mac Mail. Also, the situation exists when MBOX file is to be exported to the Macintosh system. The write-up explains best possible solutions on how to perform this conversion process.
This blog is listed under Development & Implementations Community
Share your perspective
Share your achievement or new finding or bring a new tech idea to life. Your IT community is waiting!