When it comes to developing e-commerce stores and websites, Magento is considered as one of the most popular e-commerce platforms. Large brands such as Nike, Samsung, Lenovo, Nestle and millions of other websites are based on this platform. A lot of small to medium commercial enterprises are now using Magento all over the globe. This opens up new avenues and opportunities to any Magento web development company.
At present, Magento occupies a substantial market share in the e-commerce platform market. The major reasons behinds its success are discussed below.
1. The first reason which makes Magento, a popular e-commerce platform is that it is completely free. One can easily install or even use any version of Magento Community Edition. In case you are a Magento expert, you can easily accelerate the performance and efficiency of your Magneto store as well as promote your e-commerce website with new functionalities and features by simply installing or developing Magento modules. You can also find a huge modules library at Magento Connect or Marketplace. You can harness the power of open-source using this platform which makes it on the top of the e-commerce industry.
2. The Magento platform is essentially open-source which means that there is a large community of programmers, developers, project managers, bloggers, CEOs etc. all over the world who help as well as work with the Magento Community on a daily basis. The Magento Community makes it sure that everyone remains on the same page. It is a safe and secure platform as well as quite speedy. Regular updates are made in order to fulfil the requirements of the users. It also makes work easier for any Magento web development company to remain informed about the growing requirements of their potential clients.
3. Even though there are other platforms which offer e-commerce functionality such as WordPress, which is a Content Management system, but they are not developed for e-commerce purpose. However, Magento is developed considering the requirements of e-commerce stores. Magento satisfies the clients and wins them over with its features and functionalities. Magento is the only platform which overs an e-commerce solution with comprehensive designs and features.
4. When it comes to the performance of Magento platform, it is high. Referring to the load time of the pages, as well as query processing time along with other static and dynamic operations, Magento is certainly a winner. As per the user requirements, there is only few hundred milliseconds latency can completely downgrade the chances of success of any e-commerce website among its potential customers. Magento utilizes modern technologies like Memcached, Varnish, FPC as well as optimized databases, which can completely satisfy the needs of e-commerce businesses as well as their clients.
5. Magento also allows the user to perform various task simultaneously which allows you to work on different other important things that help you in saving a lot of time. Developers and manager can also manage their important tasks such as management of items, customer information, billings, etc. with simplified and user-friendly, single admin panel. This helps any Magento development company to customize the e-commerce website to allow the user to multi-task.
6. Magento developers can easily create a unique as well as stunning user experience on multiple devices access. It also adds an ability to customize the store’s back-end in order to meet the specific requirements. With Magento, one can easily take control of all the interfaces as well as processing capabilities for the core e-commerce solutions. This makes it easier for any Magento development company to satisfy the requirements of the clients by delivering easy to use and alluring user interface.
7. The Magento platform is in combination with the HTML5 in order to maximize the online shopping experience on the mobile devices. It also has an ability to adjust the size of the image and also supports video. Customization is quite easy to do, and it also has in-built drag and drop feature that offers classy mobile experience.
8. Magento allows the users to quickly integrate with a wide range of third-party services which include database applications, payment gateway, shipping tracking, transportation, etc. Also, this platform has inbuilt Google tools like Google Checkout, Google Analytics, and Google Base.
9. Like most of the open source e-commerce platform, Magento is also SEO friendly. Magento is powered by various
ConclusionMagento has certainly developed a huge following of developers and merchants when it comes to one of the most advanced e-commerce platforms existing on the web. Developers like it because of its customization features along with its flexibility. It allows them to add various features and functionalities such as shopping cart, payment gateway, checkout etc. which helps any Magento development company to convince its clients to go for this platform to build their e-commerce stores. The business owners like this platform because of its vast range of features which it provides out of the box.