Two popular email clients i.e. Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook are used by many organizations to manage their crucial emails and other data. However, MS Outlook is more advanced, and feature-rich email client than IBM/Lotus Notes. Nowadays, many Lotus Notes users are switching from Lotus Notes to MS Outlook. Here in this blog, we are going to discuss how one can convert Lotus Notes to Outlook free using few DIY tricks.
Primary reasons for Lotus Notes to Outlook Conversion
There are several reasons for migrating Lotus Notes NSF files to Outlook PST. Few of them are discussed below:
- MS Outlook offers quick accessibility of mailboxes even in the absence of Exchange Server.
- Microsoft Outlook comes with better security than Lotus Notes.
- MS Outlook is cost-effective and easy-to-use email client than Lotus Notes.
- Microsoft Outlook provides an option to configure several accounts simultaneously.
- MS Outlook is more user-friendly than Lotus Notes.
Why Lotus Notes to Outlook Conversion is necessary?
Though there are various reasons for switching Lotus Notes to Outlook, the main reason is users cannot access NSF files to Outlook directly as they both use different file formats.
How to Convert Lotus Note to Outlook Free?
Notes: You must need to keep a backup copy of the original NSF files before performing the manual method.
In order to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook, users need to execute two steps.
- Export NSF files to CSV.
- Import CSV file to Microsoft Outlook.
Step1: Export NSF files to CSV file.
- Run Lotus Notes Program
- Click on File, then Open > Lotus Notes Application.
- Now, click on the Browse button to select the NSF file and click Open.
- Go to File menu and click Export.
- Here in the Export dialogue box, give a file name, location, and file saving type.
- Choose the Comma Separated Value format.
- Finally, in the CSV Export window, select the required options as per your needs.
Step 2: Import CSV file to Microsoft Outlook
- Open MS Outlook.
- Go to File > Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Choose "Import from another program or file" and click Next.
- Select "Comma Separated Values" here. and click Next.
- Click on the Browse button to locate the CSV file created using Export command and click Next.
- Choose the destination folder to save the exported data and click Next.
- Now, click on the Checkbox in the import a file and click Finish.
This is how you can easily convert Lotus Notes to Outlook free.
Drawbacks of manual methods
- Time-taking and complex process.
- Fails to convert multiple NSF files simultaneously.
- High chances of NSF file corruption.
- Doesn't guarantee successful NSF file conversion.
Trusted way to Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook - NSF to PST Converter
NSF to PST Converter is the best Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool is helpful to convert NSF files to PST files with ease. It performs safe, secure and reliable conversion of NSF files to Outlook PST. The tool can be installed on any version of Windows. It also supports all the Outlook and Lotus Notes versions.
You can try any of the above methods to convert Lotus Notes to Outlook free. However, if you want a safe, secure and hassle-free conversion of NSF files to PST, I will advise you to opt for a professional Lotus Notes to Outlook Converter tool.