The Lotus Notes client is a desktop application that organizes and displays databases on a user's local workstation. Recently MS Outlook has gained huge popularity amongst users due to its user-friendly interface and multiple-machine configuration.
§ MS Outlook provides offline accessibility of mailboxes
§ MS Outlook provides better data management and security options than Lotus Notes
§ MS Outlook is more user-friendly than Lotus Notes
§ MS Outlook is very much simple to use than Lotus Notes
§ MS Outlook demands less installation and maintenance charges
§ Data sharing is much easier in MS Outlook than Lotus Notes
§ Lotus Notes is unable to perform multi-tasking.
Manual Method to Convert NSF files into PST files
With the manual
1. Export NSF files from Lotus Notes to an intermediate CSV file
2. Import the intermediate CSV file into MS Outlook
Step I: Export NSF files to CSV
To export NSF files from Lotus Notes, perform the steps given below
1. Launch IBM Lotus Notes program.
2. Press File > to Open >
3. Then browse the required NSF file and click Open. In the Open Application
4. Now, on the File menu, click Export.
5. On Export dialogue box, enter file location, the file name, and saving type.
6. Select the Comma Separated Value format for the file.
7. A dialogue box CSV Export gets open. Select the required options. Click OK.
8. The data exported is saved in the CSV file
Step II: Import CSV file into Outlook
Import the Intermediate CSV file into MS Outlook by following the steps:
1. Launch MS Outlook program.
2. On the File menu, click Open & Export, and then click Import/Export.
3. And then a dialogue box pops up for Import and Export Wizard will
4. Select Comma Separated Values as file type and click Next.
5. Click Browse and then select the path for CSV file which was created earlier using the Export command of Lotus Notes. You can select the options according to your need.
6. Select the Outlook folder where you want to save your exported data and click Next.
7. Select the given checkbox in the Import a file of the dialogue box and then click on Finish. You can also change your destination or map custom fields by clicking on the same name options.
8. The data from the CSV file would be then imported to MS Outlook.
Some of the Challenges that occur in manual NSF to PST conversion
The free NSF to PST conversion method is supportive in some situations, but it has some limitations too which are listed below:
· The application is little bit Complicated and tedious for a novice user
· It converts only one NSF file at one time, which makes the process monotonous and lengthy
· Time-consuming and fails to migrate entire data
· If it is not handled correctly, then it might cause corruption in the NSF file
· Selective conversion is not possible