Offline Storage Table (OST) and Personal Storage Table (PST) both are data storage files of Microsoft Outlook.
Common Reasons to Convert OST to PST
- Exchange mailboxes get deleted from the server
- To take the backup of Exchange mailboxes
- Unexpected crash in the Exchange Server
- Switching the workplace or data recovery
- Synchronization issue with Exchange Server
- Abrupt MS Outlook crash or termination
- Damage induced on the Exchange database
- Accidental deletion of the user account
- Downtime or maintenance of Exchange Server
- Virus or Malware attacks on the email client
Top Techniques to Convert Outlook OST File to PST Free
Below are some manual tricks to convert OST files into PST. Follow the guidelines sequentially to avoid any kind of data loss issue.
#Method 1: Import and Export Technique
- Launch MS Outlook application and click on the File tab.
- Here, select Open and Export >> Import and Export
- In the Import and Export wizard, choose Export to a file option and hit the Next button
- Choose Outlook Data File (
. pst) option and click on Next
- Select the folder to which you need to export and click Next
- Now, browse the location where you need to save the new PST and select the options regarding the duplicate data items
Note: You can protect your PST file via providing a password however, if you do not want this then you can skip the option.
#Method 2: Using Drag and Drop Technique
For this first, create a new PST file after that you can drag and drop all the folders into it and save. Follow below-mentioned steps:
- Open MS Outlook application and create a new PST file in Outlook profile
- Now, select and drag all the desired mailbox folders that you want to move into the newly created PST file
#Method 3: Save OST Emails to PST via Archiving
After enabling archiving, all the Outlook emails from OST files will be saved into a separate PST file. Also, this method helps users to keep the Outlook mailbox size optimum level via saving the older mailbox items
- Open MS Outlook application and click on File >> Options
- Now, navigate to the Advanced >> Auto Archive Settings
- Here, select the total number of days in which you want to run the auto archiving. Choose the folder to save this archived data file and click on OK button
After doing this, all the mailbox items from your OST file will be saved into the PST as per the archiving settings.
In case, if you have few OST files to convert
What if Free Way to Convert OST to PST Gets Failed?
As free solutions are easy and users can use them without any hassle. However, in some cases free methods do not work efficiently as well as they require technical expertise to execute. In such conditions, one can directly go for the professional approach, i.e., cheapest OST to PST Converter tool. This is one of the best third-party application that can easily export Outlook data from Offline OST to PST even without resulting any kind of data loss. Also, this software is fully safe and secure to download and run.
In this article, we have discussed some free techniques to convert OST files into PST. Users can opt any approach according to their present requirements and preferences. Also, one can go for the automatic solution to perform a quick and safe OST to PST conversion.