on 06 December 19
With more number of mailboxes and mails getting accumulated into a database, its size will naturally grow. One would think removing some of the mails may result in reduction of database size however that is not the case. You will notice little to no difference in database size even if a mailbox or mailboxes were to be removed. This is because removing a mailbox simply replaces it with white space inside the database and doesn't necessarily free up space. This is exactly why defragmenting a database becomes so important. Lets see how to achieve this
Open elevated Exchange Management Shell
First Dismount the database.
Now we can use Microsoft's native ESEUTIL.exe utility to defragment the database :
eseutil /d databasename.edb
Now you can re mount the database as follows :
mount- database databasename
After this process is complete, you will notice a significant reduction in size of the database as all the white spaces would have been removed by now.
However if your database is corrupted and you are unable to mount it, you'll require a professional EDB to PST Converter to help recover data from the database and here EdbMails EDB to PST exchange recovery utility can come to you aid. EdbMails uses deep scanning techniques to recover most data out of corrupt databases, it also makes it easy to view and verify contents of an exchange database as well as export them to a more manageable Outlook PST format.
Some features of EdbMails are as follows :
- Recover corrupted EDB files Pub and Priv Folder.
- Recover deleted items
- Support Recovery from Dismounted and Offline EDB files.
- Export Exchange Server Database (EDB) Mailbox to Outlook PST File
- Add Multiple EDB File at a time.
- Multiple Save Items in MSG, EML,PST.
- Filter item by Date Subject, To, From, attachment and export
- No limitation of EDB file size.
- Deep scan and recovery of EDB file.
- Recovers all folders in the original hierarchy structure.
- Export Multiple Mailbox to Live Exchange Mailbox.
- Export Multiple Mailbox Office 365 Mailbox.
- Export Public EDB to Live Exchange Mailbox/ office 365
- Export Archive mailbox of EDB to Live Exchange Mailbox/ office 365
Share your perspective
Share your achievement or new finding or bring a new tech idea to life. Your IT community is waiting!