Once you have connected to the home router, then the next thing you will be asked for is to enter the username and password, and thereby complete the whole login process. Once you are done with the initial setup, try an open a website. If in case you are unable to do so, then there are probable two reasons i.e.;
· Your router is either offline
The settings on your web based router can be changed i.e. change the Wi-Fi’s network name and password. Along with it, you should also be aware of the router IP address in order to have access to it. It is important to understand that the IP address is your default gateway to your network connection. 192.168.2.1 is the default IP address which is usually the default IP address for home broadband router. This address usually is used for a set of brands or models available in the market. Hence you can configure your router with this IP address and get started using it.
Why is IP address important for your router?
One of the most important aspects of your router else than the connection and power is the web configuration. This is considered as the heart, mind and soul of router without which it is difficult for the router to operate. This is the place wherein all the important options relating to your router is visible, which includes the router wireless network and security settings. In order to have access to the configuration of your router, it is important that you are aware of the device IP address. Mostly it is printed on the device manual or on underside of the router, however if in cases you are not able to reach to it, it is important to look for other methods to find IP address of your router.
Types of IP address
There are two IP addresses i.e. internal and external IP address. Out of the two, one can be shared with other users while the other one should be kept confidential.
Internal IP address
Internal IP address is used for talk with your router. This IP address can be used to login and configure settings and begin using it on your system. Thus this IP address forms the base of your router, and should be inquired at the time of installation or configuration of the product.
External IP address
This IP address is the one which other external users use to find you on internet. So if in case you are hosting a game or any other event, it is favorable to tell this IP address to others. This will enable external users to have access to your network and thus be a part of the game or an event organized by you.
Use software tools to find your internal router IP address
Users can make use of software tools available for free to find what the internal IP address is or what is the IP address of your router. Else users can use the windows command prompt to inquire the router IP address.
· Users can download the free static IP software which can help you inquire about the router IP internal address. It is even called the gateway address.
· One can even consider downloading Free Network router detector software, which will help you know the router’s IP address or the IP addresses of any other routers connected to your network.
Know Router IP address with Windows prompt
· In order to find your router IP address manually use the window prompts.
· One of the easiest things to do is use the command line tool which is also called ipconfig which is available in Windows. To access this, simply click on start and then look for the run command. A small run dialog book would appear on your screen.
· On the run dialog, simply type in cmd and then press enter or click ok. You will soon be directed to a black window with white text over it. This is known as command prompt.
· Once you type ipconfig on the command prompt, various results would be following you. The IP address mentioned along with the default gateway is the IP address for your router and can be used for configuring it for future purposes.
Use control panel to find router IP address
Users can follow steps mentioned below to reach to the router IP address;
1. Open the control panel in your computer laptop by simply pushing the start button and selecting Control Panel
2. View network status and task which shall be displayed under network and internet
3. Right Click on the name of your connection, which shall be displayed on the top right corner of the page.Now click on the detail button, and look for the IP address of your router.