- Microsoft Exchange provides users with an option to move their data to the cloud. It bounds user disruptions from mailboxes from multiple environments. Moreover, it offers easier calendar sharing and meeting scheduling no matter what the environment is.
- It offers better and simple management and control such as Data Loss Prevention and site mailboxes which is useful for administrators to manage from Exchange Administration Centre. It also provides Role-based access control using which administrators can limit the rights of the users.
- Microsoft Exchange offers users to archive their emails by storing selected emails into the primary mailbox and the left ones into the In-Place archive.
- Another reason for email migration from Lotus Notes to Exchange as it provides better flexibility and deployment options as compared to other email clients. These features are useful for administrators in cases of deployment according to the requirements of the organization.
Exchangealso allows users to communicate across several devices and also provides an option to integrate OWA(Outlook Web App) and Outlook.
There can be n number of possible reasons due to which a large number of users prefer to migrate Lotus Domino to Exchange. As there is a freedom to integrate Microsoft Exchange server with Outlook, therefore it becomes a major factor to switch to Exchange for both small and large-scale organizations. However, it is not at all an easy task to perform conversion as there can be a lot of issues which can arise during the process. Some of the challenges are described in the following segment:
- Sometimes, the organizations might not be aware of the needs and requirement of the resources which are needed in the entire process. It requires a correct amount of investment, tools, and people and the amount of risk which can be calculated only by the experts in this arena.
- While starting the process, the output of the organization may decrease as it takes time for the users when they perform email migration from Lotus Notes to Exchange.
- Moving to a new email application can lead to various queries which should be resolved time to time. So, an organization has to provide support to its employees continuously.
The simple and quick solution to perform email migration from Lotus Notes to Exchange Server is to opt a third party application. It makes the conversion process really easy and enables users to transfer entire mailbox data such as emails, contacts, calendar, etc. Some of the features of the application are mentioned below:
1. Import NSF file to Live Exchange Server
2. Converts emails, contacts, journals, etc. stored in the NSF file
3. Migrate Lotus Domino to Exchange Server
4. Provides option to transfer encrypted NSF file
5. Maintains folder hierarchy of data and keeps metadata intact6. Option to apply email filters during the migration process