However, OST file becomes inaccessible and users are looking to import OST file to Thunderbird. To access OST file in Thunderbird, users need to convert OST to MBOX format. This allows user to retrieve the entire OST mailbox data in Mozilla Thunderbird efficiently without any data loss. By converting OST file to MBOX format, users are capable to open, read and manage their entire OST mailbox data in Thunderbird.
Quick Overview About OST & MBOX Files
Before moving on further, let us clear some common facts about OST and PST file formats and their supporting email applications. As we know that OST and MBOX both are different file extensions and supported by different email clients. Let us take a quick look on OST and MBOX file one by one.OST File: - It is a file extension of most popular email client of Microsoft Outlook. It has been created by Outlook to save entire Outlook data such as emails, contacts, calendar, notes, tasks, etc. It is a complete storage of Outlook data. Moreover, it enables user to work with Outlook even in offline mode which will synchronized entire data whenever gets connected to its server.
MBOX: - MBOX is another most popular email file extension which is flexible in nature. It is common file extension which is supported by multiple email clients. One of the main email client Mozilla Thunderbird stores its entire data in MBOX format. It is an open source and free email client which saves entire mailbox data easily.
Why We Need to Import OST to Thunderbird?
There are several different reasons where users need to import OST to Thunderbird email client. By converting OST to MBOX format, users are capable to access OST data in Thunderbird. Some of the common reasons are described below: -
- Data Compatibility Issue: - In any case, if users have OST file in their system and wants to access in Thunderbird then he needs to convert OST to MBOX format. Thereafter, the resultant MBOX file can be directly import to Thunderbird.
- Pricing Issue: - If users have OST file, then Outlook does not allow users to import OST file in Outlook due to some security authentication. So, users are looking to import OST to Thunderbird which is free email desktop email client.
- Suitable for Personal Use: - Outlook is the most popular email client which comes up with the Microsoft Office pack. So it is not suitable for home users or small organisations to afford costly email client. On the other hand, Thunderbird is a free and open source email client which is easily available for users.
What is the Perfect Solution to Convert OST to MBOX Format?
If you are having single or multiple OST files in your system and looking to access all OST files in Thunderbird, then here is your solution. Try OST to MBOX Converter tool and instantly performs OST to MBOX conversion in couple of clicks. The tool can efficiently export entire OST data to MBOX format without any alteration of data. This software permits user to migrate OST mailbox data to MBOX format which is easily accessible in Thunderbird. The utility facilitates multiple advance features which enables users to perform conversion of OST to MBOX format effortlessly.
Advance Features of OST to MBOX Converter
- Allows to convert OST to MBOX format along with entire OST mailbox data such as emails, notes, calendar, contacts, and much more.
- Enables user to perform batch conversion of OST to MBOX format in a single migration process.
- Maintains folder hierarchical structure to keep all the emails in same folders and subfolders.
- Preserves all email formatting and other text formatting even after the conversion process.
- Fully supportable to all the available editions of Microsoft Outlook.
Procedure to Convert OST to MBOX Format
Now, users thought that how we can convert OST to MBOX format through which we are capable to import OST to Thunderbird email client. Here is the simple procedure described below which allows you to export OST to MBOX format.
- Download OST to MBOX converter tool.
- Choose Select File or Select Folder to select OST files according to user’s requirement.
- Now browse and choose the desired file location to save resultant MBOX files.
- Finally, hit the CONVERT button to initiate the conversion process.
This blog is listed under Development & Implementations Community