In this blog, we will discuss what are the common reason for the email duplication of email in MS Outlook and portrays how to remove duplicate emails in MS Outlook 2016 and 2013 without affecting or altering any data of the mailbox.
Duplicated emails are those emails that users encounter repeatedly in the MS Outlook 2016 and 2013 and all the below versions. These emails affect the functionality as well as the performance of the application. So, if you are facing a similar problem and looking for a reliable solution to remove Outlook 2016 and 2013 duplicated emails to organize the mailbox data most efficiently. let's dig in deep.
Reason for Duplicate Emails in Outlook 2016 and 2013
The duplicated emails not only takes unwanted space on the hard disk but also slows down the application. These duplicate emails lead to the oversize of the PST which often times lead to file corruption. Therefore, let's discuss what are the reasons for Duplicate Emails in Outlook 2016 & 2013 so you could avoid them in the future.
- Improper configured Rules: When improper or inappropriate configurations are applied by mistake, it creates a mess when multiple emails are received. This continuous data duplication in mailbox results in email duplication.
- Faulty Account Setup: Multiple creations of the same email account cause incoming data to synchronize repetitively. This leads to the email duplication in the Outlook.
- Sending/Receiving Interval: Due to the short frequency of Inbox updates, the email messages and other mailbox components might not be synchronized and this leads to data duplication.
- Mailbox Settings: If the incorrect settings are made in the mailbox while creating an account, there are chances that you’ll receive same emails multiple times.
- Virus: A virus can easily affect the functionality of the Outlook. So, if the machine encounters a virus and gets affected by it then duplication of emails should be least of your problem.
Consequences Of Duplicate Emails in Outlook 2016 and 2013
Duplicated emails in the mailbox can lead to multiple issues like the slow performance of the PST or Outlook, over-sizing PST file, PST file corruption, etc. So, it is highly recommended that you clean duplicated emails from your Outlook regularly. Let’s see a few outlooks of the duplicated emails.
- The duplicated emails and items deeply affect the productivity of the mailbox and often times causes errors.
- The messages stored on the server get reloaded every time when the application starts which ultimately affects the performance of the system.
- Makes the PST oversize.
- Duplicated emails are very hard to organize.
How to Remove Duplicate Email Messages in MS Outlook 2016 and 2013
To fix duplicated emails from Outlook PST file you first need to understand the actual cause of the error. Once you have figured it out, apply the suitable solution.
Here are the solutions that you can use:
- Configure Rules Correctly
- Check whether the Outlook rules are configured correctly because if not, they create confusion in different email folders.
- Running Inbox Clean Up
Outlook incorporates multiple utilities and add-ons which assists users to wipe clean the duplicated emails effectively and efficiently. One such utility is “Clean Up” which can be used manually from within Outlook. Follow the below messages to run “Clean Up” utility:
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2016 0r 2013 and select the Inbox folder containing duplicated emails.
- Now go to Home menu and tap on the “Clean up”. Now you need to select the appropriate option according to the reason for the duplication.
- Clean Up Conversation- Selecting this option from the drop-down will remover or delete duplicated emails messages.
- Clean Up Folder- This will delete all the duplicated emails from the selected folder.
- Clean Up Folder and Subfolders- This option deletes all the folder and subfolders.
- Lastly, go to the Deleted Items folder and empty the folder so that all the duplicated emails are deleted permanently.
Set Inbox Update Frequency
- Run Outlook and navigate to Send or Receive button option.
- After that select “Define Send or Receive Group” and set “Schedule an automatic send/receive every” between 15 to 30 minutes.
Sometimes antivirus shuts down server connection for safety reasons and if the connection is disrupted improperly the emails messages are not marked as received. This leads to the duplication of the emails in the mailbox. To fix this all you need to do is go through the proper procedure of the antivirus to disable emails protection.
Professional Outlook Duplicate Remover
SysInfotools Outlook Duplicate Remover is a perfect solution to delete or remove duplicated emails in MS Outlook 2016 and 2013. This software removes all the duplicate content on the basis of Subject, Text, Email address, Sender, etc. All the original files or data does not get compromised as the tool is integrated with a high-end algorithm.
Email duplication is a very common issue which is encountered by many users on the daily basis. It affects the fluent functionality of the mailbox and slows down the performance of the Outlook application as well. So, it is important to delete or remove duplicate emails in MS Outlook in order to run Outlook application smoothly. You can use any of the above solutions to do so, but I would recommend you opt for a professional tool as it is more efficient and quick.