Summary: The blog describes the best manual approaches to convert OST file to PST file format in Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2010.
MS Outlook provides an option to access Exchange Server mailboxes locally on the Outlook application even in the absence of Internet connectivity. It allows users to work in the offline mode which will get synchronized with the Exchange Server later. Despite having many advantages, an OST file is vulnerable to corruption due to various reasons such as virus and malware attack, abrupt system shutdown, sudden termination of Outlook program, unintentional deletion of user mailboxes, etc. However, to cater such issues, you can simply convert OST file to PST rather than fixing the OST corruption.
Manual Approaches to export OST file to PST in Outlook 2016
- Archive Method
- Import & Export Method
- Professional OST to PST Converter tool
Let's explain each one in detail:
Note: It is advised to take a backup copy of your essential data before performing manual methods.
- Launch MS Outlook.
- Go to File, and click on Archive.
- Now, select the file to archive and browse the destination to save the archived file.
- Finally, click on Finish.
Import & Export Method:
- Open Outlook application
- Go to File menu, click on Import/Export.
- In the Import and Export wizard, choose Export to a file, and click on Next.
- Select Outlook Data File (.pst) and click Next.
- Here, choose the file/folder that you want to export and click Next.
- Finally, browse the location to save the PST file. And click on Finish.
A professional approach - OST to PST Converter tool
If the Exchange server is down, you cannot perform Import & Export task. It requires Exchange Server connectivity to convert OST file to PST manually. However, a professional OST to PST Converter tool can perform OST to PST conversion task efficiently.Conclusion: In this article, we have described how one can convert OST file to PST using manual methods. However, we have also suggested a professional OST to PST converter tool to convert entire OST file and its associated data items to Outlook PST in a matter of minutes.